| Perhaps one of the strongest Brand repositioning that came out after a strong awareness about the health hazards of taking Sugar was the introduction of the COKE ZERO. Promising the same coke satisfaction without the health hazard of taking too much sugar. The problem with this COke Zero philosophy is the fact that the major ingredient used in replacing Sugar, “Aspartame” has about 92 different health side effects.This week, Dr Janet Starr Hull talks about this dangerous component and its side effects
Aspartame Side Effects
There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption. It seems surreal, but true. How can one chemical create such chaos?
Aspartame dissolves into solution and can therefore travel throughout the body and deposit within any tissue. The body digests aspartame unlike saccharin, which does not break down within humans.
The multitude of aspartame side effects are indicative to your genetic individuality and physical weaknesses. It is important to put two and two together, nonetheless, and identify which side effects aspartame is creating within you.
Aspartame Side Effects
The components of aspartame can lead to a number of health problems, as you have read. Side effects can occur gradually, can be immediate, or can be acute reactions.
According to Lendon Smith, M.D. there is an enormous population suffering from side effects associated with aspartame, yet have no idea why drugs, supplements and herbs don’t relieve their symptoms. Then, there are users who don’t ‘appear’ to suffer immediate reactions at all. Even these individuals are susceptible to the long-term damage caused by excitatory amino acids, phenylalanine, methanol, and DKP.
Adverse reactions and side effects of aspartame include:
blindness in one or both eyes
decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision
pain in one or both eyes
trouble with contact lenses
tinnitus – ringing or buzzing sound
severe intolerance of noise
marked hearing impairment
headaches, migraines and (some severe)
dizziness, unsteadiness, both
confusion, memory loss, both
severe drowsiness and sleepiness
paresthesia or numbness of the limbs
severe slurring of speech
severe hyperactivity and restless legs
atypical facial pain
shortness of breath
recent high blood pressure
diarrhea, sometimes with blood in stools
pain when swallowing
Skin and Allergies
itching without a rash
lip and mouth reactions
aggravated respiratory allergies such as asthma
Endocrine and Metabolic
loss of control of diabetes
marked thinning or loss of hair
marked weight loss
gradual weight gain
aggravated low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
frequency of voiding and burning during urination
excessive thirst, fluid retention, leg swelling, and bloating
increased susceptibility to infection
Additional Symptoms of Aspartame Toxicity include the most critical symptoms of all
irreversible brain damage
birth defects, including mental retardation
aspartame addiction and increased craving for sweets
hyperactivity in children
Aspartame may trigger, mimic, or cause the following illnesses:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
These are not allergies or sensitivities, but diseases and disease syndromes. Aspartame poisoning is commonly misdiagnosed because aspartame symptoms mock textbook ‘disease’ symptoms, such as Grave’s Disease.
Aspartame changes the ratio of amino acids in the blood, blocking or lowering the levels of serotonin, tyrosine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and adrenaline. Therefore, it is typical that aspartame symptoms cannot be detected in lab tests and on x-rays. Textbook disorders and diseases may actually be a toxic load as a result of aspartame poisoning.
Ever gone to the doctor with real, physical symptoms, but he/she can’t find the cause? Well, it’s probably your diet, your environment, or both.
Aspartame is the common denominator for over 92 different health symptoms at the root of modern disease. The Aspartame Detoxification Program demonstrates the most effective way to reverse disease symptoms is removing the underlying cause – aspartame.
I counsel aspartame victims worldwide and have witnessed nine out of 10 clients restore their health by following the Aspartame Detoxification Program. Begin with detoxifying your body of all residual chemical toxins from aspartame’s chemical make up of phenylalanine, aspartic acid and methanol and their toxic by-products, and see if any adverse health symptoms remain. Try the Aspartame Detoxification Program, and within 30 days your symptoms should disappear.
- Remove all sugar-free products with aspartame from your diet.
- Learn to ‘read’ your body. Begin recording any health changes.
- Get a hair analysis.
- Be happy with yourself.
- Restore depleted nutrients.
- Exercise and get plenty of rest.
- Eat 75% raw foods at every meal.
- Drink water, water, water.
- Get control of your life.
I designed this Ten Step Program to help protect your health and the health of those you love from being seduced by the sugar-free diet craze. Wishing you good health.
What can you do about aspartame side effects?
Set an example by changing your diet.
- Tell everyone you know.
- Talk to the schools and day care centers. Offer to speak at parent-teachers meetings.
- Contact your local, state, and Federal government representatives.
- If you see someone with a diet drink, ask if they have had any of the typical aspartame side effects.
- Spread the word at your work.
- Distribute the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network and Pilot’s Hotline
- Tell your doctor about the scientific research available proving the negative side effects of aspartame.
- Register a complaint with the FDA, the FAA, the NutraSweet Company about aspartame poisoning.
- Return all food products with aspartame, opened or unopened, to your grocer. Tell him/her the products make you sick. The grocer can return them to the manufacturer for a store refund. The manufacturer should get the message. So, will the grocer.
- Spread the word on computer networks.
- Publish articles in newsletters at your church, place of work, or neighborhood association.
- Set a personal example for health and wellness.