- This event has passed.
Advanced Bank Risk Analysis
March 28 @ 8:00 am - March 29 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
It builds on the Fundamentals of Bank Credit Risk Analysis, although that course is not a prerequisite.
It starts by introducing a quantitative and qualitative analytical framework, and considers the various accounting rules and regulations specific to the sector. The course then dives into the bank operating environment, profitability measures, capital issues, and notching. After examining credit, market, liquidity, and management risks, real bank failures are investigated to uncover insights. The course concludes with a comprehensive exercise that incorporates all topics covered. A combination of short presentations, discussions, exercises, and case studies.
- Apply a structured framework to analyze banking institutions.
- Identify and interpret key ratios.
- Evaluate a bank from its published financial information.
- Understand the objectives of bank regulations and capital standards.
- Analyze various elements of regulatory capital, including hybrid securities.
- Detect early warning signals of deteriorating credit quality.
- Investment and commercial bankers, and credit risk management professionals
- Credit and equity analysts
- Regulators and central bankers
- Fixed income professionals
- Bond researchers (both buy and sell sides)
- Corporate Treasurers
- Correspondent banking officers
- Relationship managers